There are many factors that needs your concentration and those will help you to build your website and brand with authority. We have covering all the things that is important in optimizing the website. You will enjoy this best practices SEO checklist greatly.
We have divided the SEO Checklist in following chunks that you should be consider step by step: This All in one SEO checklist for new websites will help you to make your site’s base strong.
- Basic SEO and initial thoughts before you build.
- Beyond the basic SEO and internet marketing.
- More technical factors.
All in One Basic SEO checklist and initial thoughts before you perfectly optimize your new website:
You should consider making a really strong base on your most important keywords related to your main target. For example for a service provider to target the service name or a domain name or similar keywords. You have to think like an artist who takes many years to make a perfect art.
At the starting step, you might be thinking on how my website will be on the first page on google. Let me help you, for example you are a ‘maths tutor in Boston’. You want your website on the first page of google on related searches. So, you want to target that area with blog posts. You should start preparing topics that includes the three keywords ‘maths, tutor, Boston’. For example, ‘How maths tutor helps in making a good base? – hire a tutor’. You can generate multiple posts on similar types of keywords and so on. That is the basic of targeting keywords in the searches and needs concentration after you have prepared your optimized website and start writing blogs. You can start writing blogs in many platforms like blogger.com, wordpress.com, tumblr.com etc. But if you want a professional blog, then having your own site at your own hosting is recommended because you can do a lot more SEO stuff with your own website.
If you are targeting a small city to get result, then sit tight and relax, think about the labor you have to do, because you wont find difficult competition there. You will achieve first page listing easily in one year if you write around 15-20 quality blogs on related keywords completely targeted like a bullet.
Points covered in the On-site Basic SEO: Optimize your website with different factors that causes the page rank. We have divided this basic SEO part in three sub points:
- Finding the intent of the user who perform searches.
- Content Optimization.
- Website Optimization.
1. Finding the right intent of the users/ targeting your audience
There are three types of intent of searches.
a) The user searches for a particular website for his purpose. It can be a direct keyword of the brand like ‘Facebook’, ‘bank of India login’ or ‘moz blogs’ etc.
b) The user wants to gain some knowledge on a particular topic. For example, ‘loosing fat fast’, ‘SEO Tips’, etc.
c) The searches , where the searchers converts to a customer and pay for your services/products.
So, identify for users and make a relevant strategy according to it. The strategy depends according to your intent to the user. For example if you are a seller of a product, your targets will be the users who are searching for those type of things. Also if you are a service provider for home tuition, your targets will be the teachers, students and the parents.
You can arrange the topics that your target users will read and prepare at least 20 blog post.
2. Website’s content optimization:
There are following basic points on the content optimization for your blogs:
- The textual length of your blog content is more than 300 words. Its basic, but try to write your blog with 1500-2000 words.
- Give only one H1 tag and 3-4 H3 tags in your content. And your focused keywords should present in the sub heading.
- Give alt attributes to the images. It contains the focused keyword.
- Add at least 1 image in your content. One than one is great. Try to use optimized image which is low in KB.
- Your post url contains the focused keyword. Also do not add any stop words in the url structure.
- Length of the meta description is sufficient and enough to catch an eye. Also it should contain your focused keyword.
- Your keyword is present in the first paragraph of your post. After the H1 there must be a paragraph.
- Check your keyword density and try to keep it below 2.5%.
- Give your blog post titles as a long tails and keep it unique with respect to other sites on same topic.
- Try to add at-least 1 appropriate outbound link in your content related to the topic as well.
- Add many internal links in your posts , so that people can visit your other posts as well.
- Do not write too many passive voice sentences in your posts. Keep it below 10%. Or avoid writing passively.
- Add many transition words/phrases in the content.
- Do not write a long sentence of many words. keep it down to 20 words per sentence.
- Write at least 300 words on each subheadings.
- Keep your content a high quality and unique content. Don’t copy sentences from other websites.
- User generally ignores a huge junk of sentences/paragraph at one place. Write your paragraphs in a separate places. Avoid high concentration of paragraphs at any position.
- Always try to write point wise articles , people really likes reading point wise.